Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nerdery 2008, Day 3

Okay, I'm officially a little late on this. But, better late than never.

See, this week is the new, official nerdery week, where nerds show off their nerd lairs. And, I have the perfect nerd lair to be shown off.

So, I don't have the cool poster layout or menagerie of action figures of Thomas Kingsley Troupe or Matt of Blue Birdland's many video games. (I used to have Earthbound and a SNES, but let's not bring up that horrible mess.) The other nerdery showoffs are Susan Sandmore, Catherine J. Gardner, Dan, from This Man's World, Caryle of Caryle's Corner, and Jeff of May The Force Be With Y'all.

Now, for the juicy stuff. Here's a special video intro, complete with celebrity guest stars.



And, now for the pictures of my main lair, which I hope to rearrange before the end of Nerdery Week.

On the wall behind my bed, which (unfortunately for my wrists) has become my home office, are pictures of me and my friends. At the very top is a pic of me and Nathan Fillion. The painting is by Orianna Kurrus, it's "Blood and Milk."



Next to my bed is a purple trunk I also got from Orianna Kurrus. The Hello Kitty doll my mother got me for Christmas live on top of it, as well as my GRE practice book, my Stitch 'n Bitch day calendar, and some other random stuff.



Next to the trunk is some wire shelves that hold some house plants (not pictured), a few videos and DVDs, and knitting projects. Waterworld lives on one of the shelves, as does Ranma and Animation Show.



My mom knitted me an afghan for Christmas. And, I couldn't help but take a picture of my pink and blue Chococat goggles (by Panzer Kitty).



And, my newest obsession is knitting socks. I just finished my first one and am almost finished with my second.



Stay tuned for tomorrow, where I show off my religious nerdery.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about your wrists?

Cate Gardner said...

A video - so cool!!!

The nerdery's are growing day by day...

Joeprah said...

That is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Nerds own. I am a nerd. I have huge ear phones and a mic that I use to communicate with my online gaming buddies via teamspeak...in my kitchen's sunroom. Yo, I am nerd. Anything, I do, I read a book or twelve on to make sure I am ownage. Chess, ran a public chess club and camps for kids...nerd-tastic, poker, read books, taught friends and neighbors, won tourneys, wrote a community newsletter about our weekly poker meetings...ping pong, nooo, I play table tennis, $100 paddle, case, special sponges and wipes for cleaning it, table tennis clubs at college and rec councils...oMg...Nerd=Joe, you are in nerdy company with me. LOL! BTW I am back after some godaddy related crap. Peace!

Wendy Withers said...

My wrists ache, because I'm typing laying down on my bed and slowly developing carpal tunnel or some such thing.

Catherine, I'm glad you think my video was cool!

And, Joe, of course nerds own. Wait until I show of my LARPing stuff!

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to have a pic with Nathan Fillion. I'm trying not to be too jealous.

Unfortunately I couldn't see your video, but I'm sure it's awesome. :)

Wendy Withers said...

Why exactly couldn't you see my video? I've been having horrible video problems with my other blogs; I'd hate to see them appearing in this one.

God said...

Hiya Wendy! Sorry I couldn't comment earlier. YouTube is blocked at my work, so I wanted to wait until I could see it.

FAN-TAS-TIC!

The video is hilarious. The little blurbs about the cats are priceless. A couple of the other nerds were talking about doing a video, but I think you've got the market cornered.

Can't wait to see the next installment!!!

Nerd up!

Susan Sandmore said...

I can't believe you didn't give Kitty producing credit on that video! Are those butterfly pajamas I see behind her?

Wendy Withers said...

Those are butterfly pajamas, or, as I like to call them, my work uniform!

(I've also been known to wear them to school, restaurants, and grocery stores. I have the socks to match!)

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun and love the kitties! We just started making our own cooking videos too on our Mac. Mac's rock!! Can't wait to see more!