Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday's fabulous fat chick (at 1:39 a.m. on a Saturday)

I guess it's me! I got my second-even piece of fan mail today, and I'm allowed to toot my own horn. My scare victims were horrid tonight.

Here it is, a fan letter from Anna in VA:


You are my personal hero.

I've always felt like an outcast in the area where I live. [Pulaski, Virginia.]
Everyone around here is either a Gucci Girl, Sports addict, extremely country, or "gangster".

I get made fun of for being "emo" and big, but I'm so much more than just emo and I like my size.

I love doing bright colors and thick make-up.
It's who I am, but the other kids in my highschool don't respect that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm extremely ecstatic that there is someone who does what you do, and is the way that you are.

I admire that.


Anna

I hate how kids of all ages make fun of people for being "big." In fact, I deal with it all the time at work. It's like them calling me fat will somehow be the worst put-down they can come up with. The thing is, I'm attracted to fat. Fat is beautiful and comfortable. Telling me I'm fat is like telling me I have a nose. I know I have a nose. It's a part of me and makes me who I am (as much as a nose can make a person).

That being said, I'm taking donations for a study abroad course offered in mass communications. It's held in Ireland and is over the summer. I'm also taking commissions on things like squiddies, and I just received about thirty new knitting patterns from a friend. For an example of my squiddie, clickie clickie. My Paypal is wendylbolm@gmail.com; I'm a little too tired to figure out a link or widget to go directly to my account. I'm outtie.

No comments: