Monday, November 26, 2007

Where do I stand.... on abortion?

Here's the nitty gritty, down-and-dirty, no-holds-bar stance I hold on abortion and related issues.

Do I believe every woman should have access to "safe" abortions?
YES.

Do I believe every woman should have access to birth control?
YES.

Do I believe every woman should have access to morning access pills?
YES.

Do I believe every pharmacy technician to have the right to deny customers their birth control prescriptions over the technician's own code of morals?
NO.

And, with the religious fervor and attacks over the Planned Parenthood Health Center in Aurora, Illinois, I am for the center's right to be open, to provide health care for women who need it, and to provide abortions to women who want them.

The best article I've read on the issue is from the Chicago Tribune.

3 comments:

GeneralBobby said...

I stand in agreement.

Wendy Withers said...

It seems that the more I write, the more I'm asking for people to firebomb me.

Anonymous said...

i think that heated issues bring out the dragon or the heat in everyone...
Personally, i think morning after pills should be for rape or incest victims only...they shouldnt be given out to anyone who can peer over the wheel and stick their hand out for some. With the exception of ecoptic pregnancy and a serious stuff like that, i am not for abortion..If the mom is in danger, you have a great deal of medicine doctors and counselors to help her.
My friend Greg says that if we loved those who got pregnant and helped them and supported them the rate of abortion would drop dramaically.
ps keep writing
also good site
Everyone needs therapy on blogspot.com